Esports Journalism Experience
Freelance Writer – Riot Games, LoL Esports EU – April 2018 – July 2018
- Created a feature exploring the history between Fnatic’s and G2 Esport’s EU LCS teams to generate hype for the 2018 Spring Split Finals
- Wrote comprehensive travel guides to major European cities that were hosting League of Legends events
- Conducted interviews with EU LCS pros to give fans a better understanding on who they are as people.
Managing Editor – Proving Grounds – December 2017 – Present
- Teaches writers the fundamentals of the journalism process; from how to form a proper pitch all the way through promoting their articles.
- Manages a team of industry mentors, pairing them with writers to bring the most out of their skill set
- Manages the live coverage team at events, making sure the team’s needs are met and the talent can focus on securing content.
Freelance Interviewer – Ginx TV – March 2017 – Present
- Provided interview coverage of several events including, but not limited to, Evolution Championship Series, ELEAGUE Street Fighter Invitational, and Canada Cup 2018.
Freelance Writer – Slingshot Esports – slingshotesports.com -February 2016 – March 2017
- Conducted interviews with various players, casters, and personalities in the esports industry
- Was the primary correspondent for Evolution 2016
Host, Editor – The Analyst Desk/Stacked Deck Podcasts – October 2015 – Present
- Conducts thorough research on each guest to maximize their comfort and responses
- Writes out scripts to allow guests to be prepared for specific talking points
- Does basic audio editing to clean up background noise and insert intro and outro music
Editor, Staff Writer – SheAttack – May 2014 – January 2016
- Handled most of the day to day copy editing
- Assisted writers in coming up with ongoing columns and created an incentive program to help with social media promotion
- Created content for various games such as Magic: the Gathering, League of Legends, and Killing Floor 2
Social Media Experience
Journalism Department, SUNY Albany, Resource Assistant, February 2012 – December 2013
- Instructed students in how create of dynamic blogs and maintain as social media presence, in class sizes of up to 30 students per semester for 4 semester.
- Developed lesson plans based on social media (Twitter, Pinterest, and Storify) and on teaching photography/video skills.
- Maintained weekly office hours and engaged in individual mentorship for several students
Gender & Sexuality Concerns Office, Public Relations Intern, January 2009 – May 2009
- In charge of press outreach for the ’09 Northeast LGBTQ Conference (300 attendees).
- Created individualized press releases for three local newspapers and two local news stations, and distributed a press release to a large network of regional news outlets.
- Post conference crafted personalized press packets for every attending media outlet.
Multicultural and Diversity Student Success, Media Intern, August 2010 – May 2011
- Served as resource to over 30 student groups on how to create and manage social media accounts.
- Assisted students in developing creative ways to promote their events including social media, canvassing strategies, and flyer layouts.
- Worked with the directors of the Multicultural Resource Center and the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center in creating flyers and new student brochures.
Magic: the Gathering Judge (Tournament Official), August 2012 – Present
- Assisted in the organization and execution of competitive gaming events of 200-2000 players.
- Developed a seminar on creating safer and more welcoming tournament environments for LGBTQ players and presented it twice to over 70 judges.
- Worked with local businesses to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.